Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stress, Anxiety attackd, Panic Attacks

Stress, Anxiety Attacks, Panic Attacks
 


One has to personally experience one of these three to understand fully.

Stress, what is stress?

Stress a feeling of strain and pressure. Symptoms may include a sense of being overwhelmed, feelings of anxiety, overall irritability, insecurity…

Anxiety is an unpleasant state of inner turmoil, often accompanied by nervous behavior, such as pacing back and forth is the subjectively unpleasant feelings of dread over something unlikely to happen, such as the feeling of imminent death. Anxiety is not the same as fear, which is felt about something realistically intimidating or dangerous and is an appropriate response to a perceived threat; anxiety is a feeling of fear, worry, and uneasiness, usually generalized and unfocused as an overreaction to a situation that is only subjectively seen as menacing. It is often accompanied by restlessness, fatigue, problems in concentration, and muscular tension. Anxiety is not considered to be a normal reaction to a perceived person with stress although many feel it occasionally.

Panic attacks may be symptoms of an anxiety disorder.

Panic attacks are sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep. A person experiencing a panic attack may believe that he or she is having a heart attack or that death is imminent. The fear and terror that a person experiences during a panic attack are not in proportion to the true situation and may be unrelated to what is happening around them. Most people with panic attacks experience several of the following symptoms:
"Racing" heart
Feeling weak, faint, or dizzy
Tingling or numbness in the hands and fingers
Sense of terror, of impending doom or death
Feeling sweaty or having chills
Chest pains
Breathing difficulties
Feeling a loss of control

Panic attacks are generally brief, lasting less than ten minutes, although some of the symptoms may persist for a longer time. People who have had one panic attack are at greater risk for having subsequent panic attacks than those who have never experienced a panic attack. When the attacks occur repeatedly, a person is considered to have a condition known as Panic Disorder

OK, now that I have explained what they are, If you do not know, or never experienced them, I will let you know how they actually feel. I know this, because I have experienced them. I have managed to control them with different techniques.

The latter information, I got it on line from experienced people. I am not saying that they will work for everyone, but I have not let them control my life.

If you have noticed one thing leads to another. Stress, Anxiety, Panic!

I consider myself to be a strong person, but life has given me stress. , When you have children and you find yourself alone, homeless, living from one place to the other, you also have a house and a car to maintain, Utilities, children, a lot of bills, and you lose your income; these will stress anyone up to the max. You try to find a way and you struggle to find a solution, and another problem arises. Your mind begins to close, you can’t think, the migraine headaches begin, you feel like screaming, you pray, but things do not change.

Now you find yourself alone whether it’s your fault or not, no one to talk to, no one to relate or understand. You look for help, but there’s no one. Your body begins to change, you get sick, you cannot function, you cannot think, you become helpless. You are about to give up on life. You start to get anxious, you want everything to change quickly, but nothing changes. You can’t talk to anyone for fear of no one understanding how or what you feel. You can’t breathe, you start getting angry, you want to run and run, you want to break everything around you, then you cry, scream or sing as loud as you can, but you go to a Doctor who will prescribe pills. The pills make you drowsy and they make you feel better, for a little while, but then, when you don’t drink them you start all over again. The anxiety begins, you are sleeping or you are sitting down quietly and your mind starts wondering. Again you get stressed out, you get anxious, and that’s when the Panic attack starts again. You can’t breath, your chest hurts, your head hurts, it starts getting hot, some people get naked and others faint, I get on my van and want to drive away to Timbuktu. I want to keep driving and driving and driving until there is no more road, then it will end when my van fall into empty space and it will all be over!

But have I done what I have been thinking? Have I let my body control me? NO!

We think that nothing can help us that it is all over; we have no one to live for. We have to live for ourselves; I look at myself in the mirror and start talking to myself. I ask myself am I really alone? I look around, my husband is there. Many that I know have their children, their siblings, their parents, friends who care. No one else was there before I met my husband. Many are truly alone, so what shall they do? In the end we have ourselves to live for. If we believe in God we have to wait for God to take us, not before. In the mean time, are we going to live our lives in fear?

Think, when we get stressed, anxious and panic, we are only hurting our loved ones, if we have them. No family, friends, are you alone? Are you going to bother strangers who will not give a dam? Do you really want to end in the mental hospital with people who like you have mental problems and will help drive you insane? That won’t help. Being afraid to die and not dying until God sends for you. Does it make sense? I don’t think so.

Instead look for a way out. Worrying will not pay the bills or feed anyone. The bills will have to wait. Let the bill collectors drive themselves insane, I did it! They can’t hurt you or take you to jail. It is not worth their time. You have no food? Go visit friends, or relatives, go to shelters. I never went to shelter; I always found a way to make money to feed my kids. Go fishing, I did. Where there is a will there is a way. Feel lonely? Go to the park, the beach, the mall, I am sure that you will find someone to talk to. Are you afraid of connecting with people? Are you a loner? It’s time to get out of that shell; all you can get is a no or get lucky and find someone.

Whenever I get mad,,,,,,, and feel lost, I hit the pillows, I go into the shower I scream, I let the tears flow, or I take my cymbal and throw it on the floor, the BONG, makes me feel good. If it is raining and there is thunder and lightning I go into the rain, get wet, and every time I hear the thunder I make believe it is my guardians hearing me and letting me know that all will be right.

Are you sick? Are you in pain? Excruciating pain? Can’t walk, can’t hear, eye problems? Learn to meditate, yes you can if you want to and really try! I have had all of the above. Think positive. Again, if you believe in God and have faith, he will help you. I know that it’s easier said than done, it is hard when there is no one there or a voice to sooth you. You feel like you are in a room where there’s no door, or window to get out. It gets dark and you want to scream but you know that no one will hear you. That’s when fear, stress, anxiety starts, then you try but nothing changes, you start panicking. But instead try to relax, think of good things that have happened in the past. OK, many of you like me do not have happiness in your dictionary of life. Sit or lay comfortable close your eyes, try to relax, and then imagine yourself where you want to be, forget about the world, this is “Me” time, your time to think about you. Imagine yourself dancing, you feel light you are in the air; you’re flying over a mountain. You land near a beautiful waterfall, there are beautiful flowers everywhere, butterflies of all color and sizes, animals of all kinds at peace with each other, you look up and the birds are flying or sitting on the tree branches. You are at peace, the birds sing and you are very happy. The water at the lake looks so clear and inviting. You then jump in the water and it feels just right. You float, then you swim, it feels very refreshing when it wets your face and body. Finally you get out of the water and lay down on the grass, watching the beautiful sky. You have no care in the world; all is perfect for those moments. Relax, relax, and relax!

It is time to go back to reality, but before you go back, you decide that you will live for you. You are not alone, for you have yourself and your guardian angels that God has sent to watch over you. You will decide to face the world and its problems, you will survive, and you will learn to survive. When a problem arises, try to solve it, if it does not solve right way, don’t stress for everything in life has an ending. Only God can decide when to end your life and it will not be an ending, but the beginning of new life.

 Be happy, no more panics, no more anxiety and get rid of the stress. You can chat with me, leave a comment, let me know if I helped a little, ask questions. Remember that you are never alone!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Great information, Ruth. I hope people will research and take good care of their lives.

    Cherrye S. Vasquez, Ph.D.
    Platform Topics: Diversity and Bullying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cherrye. I like to help people, but they have to help themselves. By posting this I hope they r4ealize that they are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sort of information that one may not need now, but some of us may wish that we can recall, find or remember it later on.

    Others of us may wish that we'd adhered to the great advice.

    Take Care - Cherrye

    ReplyDelete